Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scenes from Hannovermarkt

Greetings from an incredibly lazy Saturday afternoon in Vienna, where Bjarni is napping, and I should be working on a paper with an upcoming deadline, but keep procastinating (blogging included).. But hey it's Saturday, and we have a long weekend ahead of us, since Monday is Austrian national day (hence everything is closed). So taking it slow, should be completely fine, right?!
I went to our local farmers market in the morning. Being in one of "immigrant" neighborhoods the market has a Turkish/Eastern European flair, which is quite neat. I happened to fall into conversation with the guys at one of the stands, who insisted that I should not pay for the avocado, I wanted to buy, when they heard I was "visiting" from Denmark. "No no, let me please pay for it." "You want some bananas? Take some bananas!!". I kindly refused, but couldn't resist when they offered to pose for a picture. Nice guys.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oversæt til dansk

No comments:

Post a Comment