Monday, June 21, 2010

World Refugee Day

We celebrated World Refugee Day this past Saturday in Bunkerei (a Biergarten/music venue) located just around the corner from us in the very lovely Augarten. I miss being involved with refugee work - something I sadly haven't touched since moving to Vienna (I tried getting involved with some volunteer projects when arriving, but that didn't pan out...). Anyways, it was great music, inspiring talks and people of all ages and skin colors going craaazy on the dance floor. Simply lovely!
On another note, I made it to Denmark and back without any issues. While it was great to be back home for a brief visit to celebrate my old grandmother turning 90 (with a heck of party!), it is equally nice coming back to Vienna where things at the moment are happening in a much slower pace.
Photobucket
Oversæt til dansk

No comments:

Post a Comment